B. M. Ross and Associates Limited (BMROSS) has been providing engineering and planning services to communities throughout southwestern Ontario for over 70 years.
As a response to continued growth in the size of the firm, as well as the number and complexity of projects, we have an openings in the role of structural engineering technologists.
General job tasks include:
• construction site review
Typical municipal projects include bridge and culvert design, building design and condition assessments.
• Assist in developing drawings, plans, specifications and other documents relating to bridges, culverts, building and shoreline infrastructure.
• Building condition assessments and structural reviews.
• Bridge and culvert assessments.
• Adhere to the best practices, Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, municipal
standards as well as Quality Management Protocol, and procedures of the company.
• Comply with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements.
• Comply with AODA requirements.
• Interpret contract documents, including plans and specifications
• Preparation of as-recorded drawings.
• Collaborate and interact with internal and external project team members during predesign, design and construction phases of projects.
• Keep records of construction activities and participate in site-meetings
• Civil Engineering Technology diploma or Construction Technology diploma.
• Potential candidates should have some proficiency with AutoCAD and MS Office
software and possess a valid Ontario Class G driver's license and licensed vehicle.
• We encourage and support our employees in becoming Associate Members of the
Ontario Association of Certified Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) or C.Techs.
• Positions are available in our Goderich office. Positions could be available in
our Mount Forest and Sarnia locations depending on experience.
• BMROSS offers competitive wages, with salary increases based on performance
• Sick leave and personal leave
• Vision and dental health spending account
• Comprehensive benefit plan
• RRSP matching plan
• Continuous training and professional development
• Payment of professional membership fees.
Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. If you have the above qualifications and are interested in a career at BMROSS, please submit your qualifications to @email by June 9, 2023.
BMROSS is an equal opportunity employer. We provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation need.