BMROSS is a long established multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing services to municipalities and the private sector across south-western Ontario. We have been successful in our approach as a trusted advisor to our clients and continue to grow and expand our practice. We are looking for an experienced Environmental Planner to join our Goderich office.
What You Will Be Doing
As a member of our Planning Group you will be involved in assisting our clients with growth planning, infrastructure planning and meeting regulatory requirements. We develop and lead projects, helping our clients to solutions that are sustainable, user friendly and appropriate to the situation. You will:
- Manage environmental assessments for municipal infrastructure projects including the coordination of multi-discipline teams;
- Develop and implement effective public consultation processes;
- Prepare reports and presentations for projects that are comprehensive, understandable and professionally supportable;
- Assist other disciplines with meeting regulatory requests and requirements regarding natural heritage and planning issues;
- Prepare planning reports and applications in support of development proposals by private sector clients;
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with clients;
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and grant applications.
What We Want
- Registered Professional Planner (RPP) status in OPPI is required;
- Completion of a degree in Environmental Studies or Geography and a degree or experience in a planning role;
- 5 to 10 years experience in a position complementary to the expected role;
- A good understanding of natural heritage (biology) and physical geography (hydrology) gained through education and experience;
- Competent technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite particularly PowerPoint and Excel;
- Experience in the use of ArcGIS and AutoCAD is an asset;
- Knowledge of planning principles, concepts, practices and related legislation;
- Strong interpersonal skills – a good communicator, consultative and respectful;
- Conflict resolution, negotiation and critical thinking skillsets are part of your toolkit;
- Polished verbal and written communicator;
- A valid driver’s licence and own transportation is required.
Applicants should apply by email to: @email
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
BMROSS is an equal opportunity employer. We provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation need.